Since 2002, the Mid Cornwall Business Group has met on a weekly basis, at 7am-8.30am on Thursdays. Members are owners or representatives of small- to medium-sized businesses in and around Mid-Cornwall.
UPDATE: The Mid Cornwall Business Group was relaunched in July 2016. But it now appears to be closed down – there is a new Mid Cornwall Business Network, which might have spawned from this group….
Meeting every Thursday morning at Kingsley Village, Fraddon (just off the A30) the key objectives of the Group are:
- To increase levels of business for each member
- To conduct business in a friendly, professional atmosphere
- To ensure the ongoing success of each business regardless of the climate elsewhere
These early morning meetings are broken into 2 stages
- An informal catch-up/networking stage, followed by….
- A more formal (yet still relaxed and good humoured) part where members gain insights into improving their business. Members also have the opportunity to present their business to the group and also to pass or receive referrals that they have picked up through the week.
Members are a cross-section of business types from financial advisors, accountants and business advisors through to builders, electricians and more manual work services.
The general premise of the group is that no more than one ‘type’ of business is allowed to be a member at any one time. This helps to ensure fairness and non competition between members. Although the group has a good cross section of businesses we are still actively seeking new members and have openings for a variety of businesses – the list is kept current on their website.
Website: http://www.mcbg.biz – CLOSED DOWN