If you’ve arrived by public transport, then you might like to discover what day trips and bus tours are available from Newquay.
Local Bus Company
You can plot your own day trips, using the local bus service, First Kernow. Buses are seasonal and the summer timetable runs from the end of May to mid September. Additional journeys are added in peak season, which is July and August.
- Newquay bus route map (online PDF): First Kernow, Newquay Routes (PDF)
- Whole bus network map for 2016 (online PDF): Cornwall Bus Routes Map
You can buy an all day ticket from the driver when you get on the first bus, or use the mtickets app on your phone.
2016 prices for day tickets, giving you travel across the whole of Cornwall all day, were £12; 2 days for £18; 3 days for £24; one week for £26. Child prices are half adult prices.
Children Go Free: If you buy all day tickets there’s a “family” option. This costs the price of two adults, so children go free (e.g. one day £24; one week £52).
Guided Bus Tours from Newquay
The main provider of guided bus tours is the Magical Mystery Tour company, operating guided tours to popular destinations since 2011. You can buy tickets for the bus tour at Newquay Tourist Information Centre (TIC). Tours leave from outside the TIC at about 10-10.15 and pickups en-route can be arranged from your hotel. Tours take in three destinations, returning approximately 5.30pm.
Typical tours from Newquay cost £25-£28 and include:
- Doc Martin tours – Port Isaac, Tintagel, Boscastle.
- St Michaels Mount, Marazion, St Ives.
- Poldark Tours. Visiting some of the locations where the Poldark TV series was filmed.
- St Ives & Lands End.
- St Mawes, Portscatho, St Just in Roseland. By coach to Truro then onto a boat for a lovely river cruise to St Mawes. Cream tea at Portscatho.
- The Lizard, Mullion, Cadgwith Cove.
- Looe, Polperro, Charlestown.
- Lost Gardens of Heligan or Mevagissey. Visit the Lost Gardens, then choose whether to stay there all day, or continue on to Mevagissey.
This week’s guided tours: These can be viewed here: Guided Tours This Week
Ted, the driver, is a local and very knowledgeable about all the places he drives you to – he’s not big on social media or Twitter though, so check out the reviews page on his website, or the Trip Advisor Reviews.