It’s all change on Towan Promenade at Towan Beach – with a fresh and vibrant new look and lots of seasonal providers of food and drinks. Wes Roux is the rights holder of the area now and a transformation has taken place from the drab and miserable place of yesteryear! Rebranded, smartened up, injected with vibrant life again ….. it’s now Newquay’s Community Beach.
Taking a fresh look at what’s provided, local Indies (independent traders) invited to take up a license on the seafront and to work as a cohesive forward-thinking community, providing holidaymakers and locals with family fun and top quality fast food within a welcoming environment. These low start up opportunities gave a toe in the door to aspiring entrepreneurs to have a great start to their new businesses.
Below are some of the independent businesses you might find on Towan Promenade – but you might be surprised to find new ones when you visit! Towan Promenade is now a place to visit and not just a space you walk through to get to the beach!
- The Dog House: Freshly cooked gourmet hotdogs – look for the hot dog trolley with the thatched umbrella.
- Beach Bakery: Operating from a freshly painted large beach hut this “on trend” takeaway provides freshly baked breads, cakes, hot Cornish pasties, homemade Cornish cream teas as well as freshly ground coffees and 20+ infusions of tea as well as my favourite, hot chocolate!
- Bluebird Juice Bar: serving freshly squeezed juices and more.
- The Surf Cabin Beach Shop: For the usual beach items, drinks/snacks and beach shoes
- Beach Hut Hire: Brand new beach huts, with electricity, were installed at the start of 2016 on Towan Beach. Prices vary, but you can expect to pay maybe a price range of £25-30/day, or £150-200/week depending on the season.
- Towan Surf Hire: If you want to hire it, these guys will have it – and at the cheapest/best prices in town: Deckchair hire, surf gear, surf boards, stand up paddleboards (SUP) or even a hire a kayak. The beach hire shop is at the top of the ramp from the beach, right under the blue & white 2-storey beach hut row.
- Newquay Surf School: Book surfing lessons from the cabin on Towan Promenade.
… and, of course, there’s the Sea Life Centre – but that’s so big you can’t miss it 🙂
Image © Towan