Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly are among the safest places to visit in the UK, but to help make holidaymakers’ stay more enjoyable, police recommend the following advice on how to keep themselves and their property safe:
Top three safety tips while on your holiday:
- Don’t leave valuables in your car
- Keep your mobile phone in a safe place
- Don’t leave bags unattended
Other holiday safety tips:
- Stick to well-lit paths and avoid walking alone at night.
- Secure your vehicle/caravan/room/tent and do not leave any valuables on display
- Keep your vehicle keys in a safe place
- Use personal safes provided by your accommodation where possible
- Never drink and drive
- Be aware of speed limits and restrictions
Bob Bunney, Devon and Cornwall Police Crime Reduction Lead, said:
“We want everyone who visits Newquay and Corwall to enjoy their time here and look forward to coming back again. It only takes a few minutes to read the leaflet or poster and follow the safety advice offered. By taking these few simple steps visitors can have peace of mind and keep themselves and their property safe.”
Go home with 100% good memories of your visit.
Image © Devon and Cornwall Police