Whether you call it crazy golf, miniature golf, or pitch n putt, there are a few places you can check out to play this fun and popular pastime in Newquay and near to Newquay.
All of these facilities are seasonal, so expect them to only be open during the summer months. It’s a great fun way to create lifelong memories!
If you’re looking for mini golf as part of a “day long experience and destination” then Lappa Valley is probably what you’re after. If you want somewhere to spend an hour or two before moving on, then try Trenance. If you’re simply wandering around and fancy a quick game then see if you’re close to any of the courses in town!
- Lappa Valley, just outside of Newquay, has a crazy golf range on-site. This steam-train theme park has extensive free on-site parking. The crazy golf is located right in the middle of the complex, alongside the canoeing lake. Entrance prices to the whole site are £10-13 (2016 prices), so definitely an activity to “make a day of it”, rather than dropping in, playing and leaving as all attractions are free once you’ve paid your entrance fee! Dogs on leads allowed.
Postcode: TR8 5LX
- Holywell Bay Holiday Park. This crazy pitch n putt course is located near to Newquay on the Holywell Bay Holiday Park. This is an 18 hole putting course, with each fun and quirky hole having a Cornish theme. Prices are £4/person (2016 prices). Plenty of free on-site parking for visitors.
Postcode: TR8 5PW
- Gilmore’s 18-hole Mini Golf in Tower Road is right in the heart of town, where it’s been for decades. Formerly known as The Bunker, this mini golf course is located alongside Newquay Golf Club, you’ll find it by starting at the white tower and walking down the Tower Road about 50 yards, you can’t miss it, it’s right on the road. It can be hit and miss if it’s open out of season, but if you’re close by then check it out. Gilmore’s is also a Mexican Restaurant and ice-cream parlour. This is a hard-surface mini golf course.
Postcode: TR7 1LX
- Trenance Gardens has Trenance Crazy Golf and Pitch N Putt, close by – across the road, adjacent to Newquay Zoo and the swimming pool. With 18 holes to complete, this is a great way to spend some time with friends or family. There is an on-site pay and display car park. This is a very green and pleasant family-friendly space in which to play mini golf, with plenty more activities to “wander along to” next.
Postcode: TR7 2NN
- Tolcarne Mini Golf. Owned by the ever-expanding Tolcarne Beach Complex, this crazy golf course is located just below the clifftop, on the curve of the access road to Tolcarne Beach, you can tell by peeking over the clifftop if it’s busy (or open)!
Postcode: TR7 2QN
- Barrowfields Crazy Golf. Above Tolcarne Beach and opposite the Tesco Metro on Narrowcliff is Barrowfields Crazy Golf Course. It’s part of the Body Bounce Activity Park. 2016 Price: £3.00.
Postcode: TR7 2QF
- Pentire Pitch & Putt. High on the green at the end of Pentire Avenue, Newquay, there’s a 9-hole pitch and putt course. The area is quite large and has views across Fistral Beach and Crantock Beach. Buy tickets at the ice cream kiosk beside the Pentire Car Park.
Postcode: TR7 1PF
- Newquay Football Golf & Crazy Golf. A fabulous location on Porth Island, above Porth Beach, Newquay. They have a 9-hole crazy golf course and a 9-hole football golf course. There’s also food and drinks available on site. Crazy Golf 2016 Prices: £3. 2017 Football Golf Prices: £7/adult, £4/Under 16s, under 5s Free. Locals, with proof of local address/ID pay £6/round.
Note: Crazy golf will be closed for the 2017 season.
Further away from Newquay, you’ll also find crazy golf and pitch n putt courses at:
- Monkey Tree Holiday Park has a crazy golf course on site. This is mostly intended for the residents of the holiday park. I’ve mentioned it purely for ‘completeness’.
Postcode: TR8 5QR
- Mawgan Porth, across the road from the beach is a challenging pitch n putt course as well as a small, separate crazy golf site, built on an ancient burial site. There is a pay and display car park alongside the shops. Postcode: TR8 4BA
- Cornwall Gold/Treasure Park, along the A30 to the West, has a 9-hole crazy golf course on site. There’s a free on-site car park. Postcode: TR16 4HN
Real Golf Courses
If “real Golf” is more your thing, check out where you can play golf in Newquay: Golf Courses
E&OE: If you plan a trip to any of these, check first that they’re open. Newquay businesses are often seasonal and weather-dependent, or other factors might affect them. Phone ahead or check websites to be sure.
Last checked/updated: June 2016