There are many St Pirans Day Events in Newquay across the weekend of Saturday 4 March and Sunday 5 March, with posters being displayed across the town for the last few months, so there should be a good turn out.
Local shops and businesses will also have special deals and offers on, as well as decorating for the occasion.
Saturday 4 March 2017:
- 1.00 – 1.45 Singing at Central Inn, Central Square
- 1.45 – 2.15 Singing outside the Cribbar, Gover Lane
- 2.45 – 3.15 Live Cornish Music outside Newquay Library
- 3pm St Pirans Parade from the Cribbar, Gover Lane, through town to Marcus Hill
- 3.30 Singing outside the Town Council Offices, Marcus Hill
- 3.45 Live performances and refreshments at St Michaels Church, Marcus Hill
- 4.30 St Pirans Even Concert at St Michaels Church.
Sunday 5 March 2017 – St Pirans Day:
- 10.30 St Michael’s Church St Piran’s Day Service
- 11.00 – 11.45 Cornish singing at Trenance Cottages*
- 12.30 – 1.30 Singing at Central Square
- 7pm a Charity Ceilidh at Newquay Rowing Club
*Trenance Cottages open at 10.30, where there is an interactive display.
Perranporth St Piran’s Day Play
Every year there is a St Piran’s Day Play held at Perranporth. In 2017 this starts at 2pm, but you should arrive and park (free parking) by 1.30pm. The play lasts for about 1.5 hours and travels, ending up close to the old church.