October Half Term 2016 has something for everybody – with all the main tourist attractions and local organisations putting on events throughout the week.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the activities, events and what’s on from Saturday 22 October to Sunday 30 October, with most focussing on the Halloween season:
Free Events, Family Fun:
- Newquay Halloween Family Bat Trail: Saturday 22 October to 30 October.
Solve the clues, find the bats, win treats. Pick up the free Spooky Bat Trail sheet at Newquay Tourist Information Office.
- Mini Monsters Party: Saturday 29 October.
The Cornishman, Crantock, TR8 5RB.
Free: Halloween games, prizes, dancing, mini disco, fancy dress and pumpkin carving competition (bring your ready-carved pumpkins along for judging). 5.45pm to 7pm.
- Free Fireworks Display: Thursday 27 October at 7pm. Retallack Spa & Resort – viewing spot from the top car park.
- Newquay Zombie Crawl: Saturday 29 October. Afternoon – see local press for times/events. Face painting, dance workshops and more at various venues in Newquay town.
- Free Family Halloween Disco: Saturday 29 October. For ages 5-16.
Legacy Hotel (aka Victoria Hotel), Newquay, TR7 1DB.
3.30pm to 6.30pm. Includes: Titan the Robot, prizes for best costume, party fun, games, music and family friendly activities.
Attractions & Days Out:
Local attractions are offering Halloween-themed activities and events. Usual entry prices will apply, with the Halloween activities being free once you’re inside! Always check with the operators’ website to check dates/offers.
- Lappa Valley Halloween Week: Saturday 22 October to Sunday 30 October.
Activities include: Prize for the best costume each day! Spooky Trail – Find all of the spooks to win a prize. Colouring competition, with prizes. Facebook photo competition to win a return family day pass. All included in the entrance fee.
- Newquay Zoo Boo Halloween Week: Saturday 22 October to Monday 31 October.
Ghoulish ghost hunt, face painting, make and take art, spooky story time and creepy crawly encounters. Spooktacular fun for all the family with a ghoulish ghost hunt, facepainting, make and take art, spooky storytime.
- Trerice Manor, National Trust: Saturday 22 October to Sunday 30 October.
Halloween Creepy Crafts & Scary Trails. 11am to 3pm Create spider webs with glitter glue or create a paper plate pumpkin or take part in the special Halloween trail.
- Pirates Quest: Monday 24 October to Monday 31 October.
Lots of tricks and treats, with special Halloween theme. Join Captain Calico Jack and wear fancy dress if you wish!
- Dairyland Farmworld: Monday 24 October to Sunday 30 October.
Pumpkin carving and spooky craft workshops with the DairyLand Witch – free pumpkin for all paying children (those over 80cm).
- Newquay Lighthouse Cinema, WTW: Films, including spooky films, being shown all week. Check their website for films/times.
One day only – showing of The Addams Family on 29 October.
- Blue Reef Aquarium: Watch out in local press for details.
- Trenance Cottages: Sunday 30 and Monday 31 October. Fun & games with Halloween at Trenance cottages 3pm to 9pm. £2/person; £6 for a family of 4.
- Atlantic Lanes Bowling at Trevarrian Holiday Park: Thursday 20 October. Spooky Disco & Moonlight Bowling. 5.30pm. Fundraising event for St Mawgan in Pydar School. £1. Disco, food available. Phone to book a lane, 01637 860381.
- Halloween Party for Newquay Poppy Appeal: Sunday 23 October, 3-6pm.
Newquay Royal British Legion Club. Entrance £1 in support of Newquay Poppy Appeal. Children under 2 free.
- Mystic Market: Wednesday 26 October, 4pm to 9pm at the Beached Lamb Cafe, Fore Street, Newquay.
Tarot readings, palmistry, tea-leaf fortune telling, astrology, art, Indian massage, crafts and spell weaving! Family fun with activities for children and esoteric experiences for the adults. A selection of seasonal food will be available.