Halloween in 2016 spreads over quite a lot of dates as half term is the week before 31 October, so many local businesses and organisations have re-jigged their schedules and are hosting Halloween parties in the days leading up to the actual night.
It can be assumed that every pub and club will have something going on at some point, the list below ignores all of those as anybody interested in a regular pub Halloween party, or nightclub Spook Night will know which they want to go to and will already have it in their diaries.
For other Halloween parties, ghost walks, spooky nights and ghoulish times, below is a random list of venues in Newquay that have a Halloween party, event or night organised:
- Wednesday 26 October, 5.30pm to 7pm. Retallack Resort & Spa, St Columb Major, TR9 6DE. Halloween Ghost Walk. Follow the White Witch and storyteller around the resort on a haunted walk. Listen to spooky tales of ghoulish goings-on and get a few jumps along the way! Fancy dress welcomed. £15 for a family of 4. Suitable for over 8s. Everyone welcome, locals and guests. To book phone 01637 882510.
- Saturday 29 October, 1.30pm onwards. The annual Newquay Zombie Crawl – for children. Get dressed up for a procession through town, with stop offs en-route for special events. Full details from: Newquay BID.
- Saturday 29 October, 3.30pm to 6.30pm. Free Family Halloween Disco & Party, Hotel Victoria, Newquay, TR7 1DB. Aimed at 5-16 year olds, this disco starts when the Zombie Crawl finishes. Dancers, entertainers, spooky photobooth – and Titan the Robot (at 4.45pm).
- Sunday 30 October, 10am to 4pm. Screech Owl Sanctuary. £3 per person. Fancy dress will be judged at 11.30am and 2pm. Bring your own carved pumpkin for judging at 2.30pm. This is more of a Halloween themed day than a “party” as such.
- Sunday 30 October & Monday 31 October. Trenance Cottages. Fun & games with Halloween at Trenance cottages 3pm to 9pm. £2/person; £6 for a family of 4.