Many Newquay and Cornish businesses offer a Locals Card to local residents. To obtain one you’ll need some proof of being a local, which each of them sets out in their individual Terms & Conditions.
The list below is not exhaustive as different businesses will have different offers across the season or even year to year.
Always check the small print of any offers or cards that you have to pay for, to make sure you understand what the deal is. Some cards are simple, offering a straight forward discount, others have criteria attached to them, such as pre-loading a card and having to use the credit with a certain time-frame, or with specific dates excluded.
A good deal is only a good deal if you’ll genuinely use it!
- Newquay Business Improvement District (BID) run the town’s Newquay Loyalty Card. This organisation was set up some years ago by over 400 local businesses so they could work together with their businesses and marketing efforts. The Newquay BID card started in 2012, replacing an earlier scheme. The offers, from shops, restaurants, bars and activities change every month – making it harder to keep on top of – although many are long-standing discounts that don’t change. Open to visitors and residents of Newquay.
- Sailors Nightclub – free locals card, with proof of residence. They have a launch night when you can collect your locals card, that gives you discounts and free nightclub entry. If you miss it then you usually have to wait until next year. If you lose your card it’s unlikely they will replace it. But it is a free locals card.
- The Mermaid Inn, Porth have their own locals card. Numbers are limited, apply online and they post it to you. The locals card gives discounts on food, except carvery meals.
- Walkabout give a free locals card. Must live within the area of Newquay to qualify, just bring proof of living within the area. Great offers on Drinks and 25% off food at all times. See a member of bar staff when you arrive, or call them on the phone.
- Hendra Oasis Fun Pool – obtained from reception when you provide proof of your address (driver’s license, utility bill, etc.). Discounts on the pool, activities and food/drink.
- Eden Project – locals cards are typically available during the winter months and last for the year.
- Holywell Bay Fun Park – a locals card doubles your points that pay for rides, effectively giving you all rides half price. All credit on your card must be used within the current year.