Fistral Beach in Top Ten: Fistral Beach in Newquay has been voted the sixth best beach in the UK in the TripAdvisor 2013 Travellers’ Choice Beaches Awards.
Trip Advisor Winners are chosen based on the feedback made by real users on their website.
Of particular note on Fistral was its ‘great surf’.
Another beach in Cornwall scooped third prize: Porthminster Beach, St Ives.
TripAdvisor spokesperson Emma Shaw commented: “These awards recognise the best beaches in the UK and beyond, according to those that really matter – travellers that have visited these beaches and given them the highest levels of praise.”
The top ten in the TripAdvisor 2013 Travellers’ Choice Beaches Awards is as follows:
1. Rhossili Bay, Rhossili – Swansea
2. Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe – Devon
3. Porthminster Beach, St Ives – Cornwall
4. Longsands Beach, North Tyneside – Tyne and Wear
5. Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth – Dorset
6. Fistral Beach, Newquay – Cornwall
7. Weymouth Beach, Weymouth – Dorset
8. Sandbanks, Poole – Dorset
9. Filey Beach, Filey – Yorkshire
10. St. Brelade’s Bay Beach – Jersey