Following on from the 2016 revamp of Towan Promenade, since the area went out to tender and is now a vibrant space focussed on improvement and growth, it’s all change again for the 2017 Season, with new businesses and ways to enjoy your day at the beach.
New beach huts have been added to the top level of the promenade building and are available for hire.
There are also new businesses offering tempting snacks and drinks.
Traders on Towan Promenade are independents – offering start up businesses a great chance to launch their business in a fabulous location. Operating under license on the seafront, there will be annual changes as those businesses grow and develop, change and morph into bigger and better outlets. These low start up cost opportunities gave a toe in the door to aspiring entrepreneurs to have a great start to their new businesses.
Below are some of the independent businesses you will find on Towan Promenade in 2017 – but you might be surprised to find new ones when you visit! Towan Promenade is now a place to visit and not just a space you walk through to get to the beach!
- Beach Bakery: Operating from a freshly painted large beach hut you” find freshly baked breads, cakes, hot Cornish pasties, homemade Cornish cream teas as well as freshly ground coffees and tea infusions and hot chocolate!
- Beach Café à la Carte – Freshly cooked hotdogs, crepes and coffee – look for the hot dog trolley. This is a business expansion by the Beach Bakery.
- Towan Shake Shack: A juice bar: serving freshly squeezed juices and more. Fresh real fruit slushies, rich and creamy hot chocolates, milkshakes, sauces and sprinkles.
- Beach Hut Hire: Brand new beach huts, with electricity, were installed at the start of 2016 on Towan Beach – with more added early in 2017.
Beach hut hire prices vary, but you can expect to pay maybe a price range of £25-30/day, or £150-200/week depending on the season.
- Newquay Activity Centre (NAC): Surf school and activity centre, including coasteering.
You’ll also find old favourites, including:
- The Surf Cabin Beach Shop: For the usual beach items, drinks/snacks and beach shoes
- Towan Surf Hire: If you want to hire it, these guys will have it – and at the cheapest/best prices in town: Deckchair hire, surf gear, surf boards, stand up paddleboards (SUP) or even a hire a kayak. The beach hire shop is at the top of the ramp from the beach, right under the blue & white 2-storey beach hut row.
… and, of course, there’s the Sea Life Centre – but that’s so big you can’t miss it 🙂
Discover Towan Promenade on Facebook for the latest additions: Newquay Towan Promenade 2017
Images © Towan Promenade